I’ve had such a great birthday today! I’m just full of so much joy for everyone in my life and for every part of my life! I woke up and was treated to a special breakfast of sausage, egg, and spicy cream cheese on cheese/jalapenyo bagels (yum!), cuddled in bed with Connor while watching Daddy’s Home (yeah, we couldn’t really find anything better to watch haha) and then Connor forbade me from coming in our room while he decorated it.
He finally let me in once he was done transforming our room and he’d put up streamers, lit a candle, and created the most adorable sun on the wall out of streamers. Oh, AND he found a palm tree at Partyland to put up on our door that might not sound super “fancy” or anything, but it meant a lot to me because I’ve been missing the warm California weather, so Connor created a little sunny oasis for me in our room! How cute! Now he’s making me dinner while I’m relaxing in our room.
Even though I’m thrilled that it’s my birthday, I’m not at all thrilled about turning 24. 24 just sounds so much older than 23. I feel like I should be an adult now but I still feel so young in so many ways! I mean, yeah, I’m definitely more mature than I was as a teen, but I don’t feel stinkin’ 24 years old! I’m almost 1/4 way through my life! What the heck. But I’ll try to make the most of it. I know I’m not really that old. I’m just being a little pansy who wants to stay young forever. But age doesn’t really matter. I know some 65 year olds who still seem so young at heart and are still living up their lives to the fullest. So, I’ll try to stay positive!
Anyways, I thought I’d start a little tradition on my blog of doing a “24 Before 25” blog post, which means I’ll write down 24 goals I want to accomplish before I’m 25 and then I’ll update you all on or around my 25th birthday to see if I’ve accomplished all 24 goals. Heck, I may even do a little mid-year update to see if I’m on track with my goals! I like sharing my goals on my blog so that I feel like I’m held more accountable. I know, I know. I should just be held accountable for myself, but it does help to know I’ll have to admit how well I did publicly this time next year.
But, first off. I just want to mention a few of the awesome times I’ve had in the past year. This past year has been a whirlwind of chaos, fun, and excitement.
This past year:
- I got engaged at the start of 2017
- I got married on April 14th (which was truly the BEST day ever!)
- I’ve moved 2 times (once from my apartment I was living in with roommates, then to Connor and I’s first home once we were married, and then we recently moved to the cutest duplex that we hope to stay in for quiet a while)
- I started taking my blog more seriously- writing for fun but also to earn an income, which I’ve absolutely enjoyed so much!
- Connor and I got to have my family over a couple of months after we were married, which was so fun! My mom, sisters, and brothers all got to stay the night for a couple of nights and then just my sisters stayed with Connor and I for a few nights which was a blast! We also took a trip to Oregon a couple of months ago, took a trip to Denver before Thanksgiving, travelled to Arizona for Thanksgiving, and are about to travel to San Diego for Christmas.
And I believe those are the biggest things that have happened the past year!
So, now on to my goals for the next year.
My 24 Before 25 Goals:
- Start earning as much as a part-time job each month from my blog/social sites
- Go on a “staycation” with Connor in an Airbnb
- Start selling something on my blog- turn it into more of a business (subscription box, a book, e-book, etc.)
- Travel to Europe or to a tropical location
- Read at least 12 books and do book reviews on them (that I’ll post on the blog)
- Donate to Operation Underground Railroad (at least $50)
- Encourage people to donate to Operation Underground Railroad and other charities more often on my blog (more meaningful posts about things that truly matter)
- Spread awareness of the importance of adoption on blog
- Remember every single family members birthday- send cards, text/call them on their birthday
- Make a list of meals I can make that I can pull from each week before I do my grocery shopping to add more variety to our meals
- Meet up with girl friends at least twice
- Communicate more with family- texts, calls (….occccasionally), letters, packages, etc. (Show them I care more.)
- Invite Connor’s family over for dinner at least twice (My sister-in-law and brother-in-law and their spouses and children live near us)
- Exercise MUCH more regularly (at least 3 times a week)
- Organize my office room
- Get rid of (sell and donate) old clothes and stuff (aka junk) that I don’t use anymore. DECLUTTER.
- Do one thing that falls way outside my comfort zone (a phone call, skydiving, dinner with a friend I haven’t seen in awhile, etc.)
- Transfer to UVU and complete one full semester (I’m almost done with college, yay!)
- Do the Whole30 program for a full 30 days
- Make a budget with Connor and actually stick to it (start saving for future, travel, etc.)
- Change up hairstyle (cut and dye)- something a little more edgy
- Learn/study more about taxes, health insurance, etc. (ya know, grown up stuff)
- Go to a blog meetup & a book club
- Find somewhere to volunteer and do it at least 3-5 times