InIntroversion & INFJ

I Took Five Different MBTI Personality Tests and the Results are Surprising

I wholeheartedly believe in the validity of the MBTI. I’ve heard the criticism, but I just don’t buy into it. I’ve seen so many people take this test and they’re all incredibly surprised by how accurate the results are- even down to the most detailed things, like the way they plan a trip and how they behaved in school.

The only criticism I’ve heard for the MBTI is that it’s easy to answer in the way you want to be perceived instead of the way you actually are (which would obviously throw off your results)…and that people can’t be defined by 4 little letters. That’s why I truly believe that it’s accurate as long as you’re honest about who you really are (not who you want to be) while taking it and if you recognize that it’s so much more than 4 little letters. In fact, I did an entire post about the 8 different functions that you can read about! When it comes to personality tests, I definitely think that the MBTI is the most detailed and accurate.

While I think it’s the most accurate test out there, I’ve only taken the 16personalities version of the test. There are plenty of different MBTI tests, but this one’s definitely the most popular one (and probably the one you’ve taken). According to their website, exactly 110,733,127 people have taken their test so far. That’s a WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE.

I can’t say I trust the rest of the MBTI tests because I haven’t tried them yet. That’s why I decided to do a little experiment and test 5 different free MBTI tests out to see if I get the same results for all of them! If you’re thinking I’m going to have a bias and therefore this experiment is bogus, I already beat you to the punch! That’s why I’m setting a few rules for myself.

THE RULES

I’ve clearly accepted that I’m an INFJ and feel as though it’s a big part of my identity now. So, obviously, it’s going to be hard to not be biased while taking these other tests…BUT I really want to be completely 100% honest while answering the questions and try not to answer them in a way that I think an “INFJ” would answer them. I’m going to be completely honest about how I think, feel, and act and not answer them in a way that reflects how I want to think, feel, and act.

THE RESULTS

1. 16personalities: I’ve taken this test probably a dozen times. I’ve even taken it in when I’m in various different moods just to make sure I get the same result. I’ve taken it when I’ve been raging mad, PMSing, on cloud nine, and when I’ve been anxious. I’ve ALWAYS gotten INFJ, no matter how different I think I’m answering the questions depending on my mood.

2. Personality Perfect: I was a little scared to see the results for this test. I, of course, didn’t want to get anything other than INFJ, but I accepted that I probably wouldn’t get INFJ since there were only a few questions and they were all so different than the 16personalities test.

BUT GUESS WHAT! The results are in and I got INFJ. I really didn’t think they’d type me as that. Holy moly!

3. Jung Typology Test: This test was strange. I found myself wanting to answer “uncertain” for a large majority of the questions. They were definitely difficult to answer. I felt like I was DEFINITELY not going to get INFJ this time since the answers were even more odd and random than the previous test. But lo and behold, I got INFJ AGAIN. I was so surprised! Especially since INFJ is the most rare personality type. I have no clue how I got it for all three tests I’ve taken so far.

4. My Personality Test: I really liked this test! It had a slider scale that I had to slide to “agree” or “disagree” and the questions were pretty simple. There were around 100 questions and they reminded me most of the 16personalities questions. Although I probably liked this test best, I’m still in awe that I got INFJ! How is that possible!?

5. Truity: The results of this one made me laugh out loud. They couldn’t give me a result for “P” or “J”, which is so funny because sometimes I wonder if I’m an INFP.

NOW IT’S YOUR TURN!

I would love to hear what your results are for these tests in the comments below! Do you think you’re going to get the same results for all 5? Or do you think you’re going to get completely different results like I thought I was going to? I’d love for you to participate in this little experiment!

What were your results?

pollcode.com free polls

You may also like

14 Comments

• Maria

My result on this first one was: Mediator, which I felt was pretty accurate as I got into reading about it. I really enjoyed this post! I haven’t gotten the chance to take them all.. yet, but I will 🙂

January 18, 2018 at 8:36 PM Reply
    • Coral Allen

That’s awesome! INFP’s are so interesting to me 😊 I’m glad you enjoyed the test and appreciate you stopping by my blog!

January 19, 2018 at 7:28 AM Reply
  • Maxine

I took the first test quite a while ago, and I took 3 of the other tests today and I received the same results; INFJ. I read a LOT about it recently and it is very intriguing! It’s so amazing to read about this type and how it describes me so well. It is also really beneficial to read about other types so we can learn to communicate better. Thank you for sharing!

January 19, 2018 at 10:13 PM Reply
  • Kellie

I got INFJ on the first two and ISFJ on the next two and on the last one I got I?FJ! These were so interesting to take because I find it so hard sometimes to relate to others in my life or I feel they just don’t "get" me sometimes, but I always relate SO much to what you write about. Definitely going to recommend these tests to my friend to see what she is!

January 20, 2018 at 11:03 PM Reply
    • Coral Allen

I always relate to what you say and write about too, even down to our love for The Bachelor haha. I wish we lived near each other! I would definitely want to hang out with you! My husband is an ISFJ and his personality type is similar to mine so I can see how you’d get that on one. I’m not a personality type expert, but my husband is definitely more "in the moment" than I am. I’m usually thinking about the future or the past and have a hard time being "in the moment." I think that’s one way you might be able to tell if you’re an ISFJ or INFJ, but you’d have to read more expert advice on this haha.

January 27, 2018 at 11:36 PM Reply
  • Jessi

I got mixed results. Three sites gave me ISFJ and two gave me ISTJ. I sometimes feel that I am neutrally between T and F so I can understand why it varies.

January 21, 2018 at 11:51 PM Reply
    • Coral Allen

Yeah, that makes sense. Sometimes you’re so on the border between two letters that you get different results each time. So, I guess you get to decide! Or you can just go with ISFJ since you got that one more time than ISTJ, haha! 🙂

January 27, 2018 at 11:33 PM Reply
  • Carol

I’ve always been a sucker for personality tests! I usually get ENFP and I think it’s pretty accurate!

January 23, 2018 at 2:40 PM Reply
    • Coral Allen

That’s awesome! ENFP’s are great! It fits your email account too, since ENFP’s tend to be creative haha!

January 27, 2018 at 11:39 PM Reply
  • Kristian Mcclendon

I’ve taken several different free ines but never the official one and I’ve always gotten INFP but have questioned if I’m an INFP or ENFP, so I took the one on truity.com and it says I’m an ?NFP. Very similiar to your J/P lol but yes I totally believe the MBTI is very accurate

February 4, 2018 at 6:11 PM Reply
    • Coral Allen

I believe it’s accurate too! That’s interesting that you got ?NFP. Hmmm… I guess you get to choose which one you are! Haha!

February 7, 2018 at 5:25 AM Reply
  • Cynthia

The only test that gave me a different result was My Personality Test – INFP. Other than this result I am proudly an INFJ.

February 16, 2018 at 3:18 AM Reply
    • Coral Allen

Yeah, I think those two are the most easily mixed up on tests! That’s funny that we both got one that was INFP (well, mine was INF?). And I love that you say you’re proud to be an INFJ. I feel the same way!

February 18, 2018 at 10:00 PM Reply
  • Kristen
    1. INFP (have taken this test lots of times and it always fluctuates between INFP and INFJ for me).
    2. INFJ
    3. INFJ
    4. ISTJ
    5. I?F?

My judging vs perceiving is never more than 10% one way or the other so it can be hard to identify. Even when I try to go by cognitive functions I have a hard time.

March 17, 2018 at 7:25 AM Reply