This post is sponsored by PRIMP Network, but as always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that keep The Determined Dreamer running!
Hey you guys! (P.S Why am I ALWAYS tempted to say ya’ll? I stop myself cause I’m not from Texas or the South or anything… but the temptation is REAL!)
I’m so excited about today’s post! I’ve actually never done a beauty product haul or roundup before, so my excitement levels are through the roof! I definitely wouldn’t consider myself a beauty or fashion blogger (hence the fact that there are like zero pictures of me on my site- okay, there’s a few, but not many) but I do love my beauty products. I’ve been loving them even more lately, as I’ve been stepping out of my comfort zone and trying new products!
So, here’s a little beauty/self-care product roundup of all of the products I use every day and will be purchasing for the rest of my life. These are the products that I absolutely LOVE, the ones I rave about to my family/friends/random strangers on the street. These are the products I couldn’t live without (aka: I couldn’t feel put together without).
MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE AFFORDABLE BEAUTY PRODUCTS
1. Sensodyne Extra Whitening Toothpaste // This is a great product for anyone who gets canker sores! I used to get really bad ones quite frequently. They’d form in my mouth anytime I ate too much sugar or was stressed (so aka: ALL THE TIME). Because Sensodyne is SLS free and is a very sensitive toothpaste, it has reduced the amount of canker sores I get by 99.9%. I get maybe 1 or 2 canker sores a year since I started using it, compared to 2 or 3 per month that I used to get! My teeth have also become a lot whiter and my sensitivity to cold drinks and ice-cream has decreased, as well. I love love love this product!
2. Zapzyt // Zapzyt has become my #1 favorite adult acne treatment. I’ve honestly never had a product work so well for me… I believe in it so much that I often chase my husband around the house trying to lather it on his pimples (what is it with boys not liking creams on their bodies… or is it just my husband!?) But seriously, this stuff really works! I use the face wash every day and put the cream directly onto my pimples (but I haven’t had many pimples since I started using the wash regularly!) You can pick Zapzyt up in Walmart or simply order it online here!
3. L’oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara // I went through a phase of getting my eyelashes done regularly, but it was pretty pricey so I eventually stopped doing it. It was a difficult transition because those fake eyelashes give you MUCHO confidence! After I quit the fake lashes, I ended up going on on a rampage trying to find mascaras that made my eyelashes look as full and lengthy as they could get without being fake. I tried about a dozen different ones that were recommended by beauty bloggers/friends and eventually discovered L’oreal’s Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara. Thank goodness for this product! It’s seriously AMAZING!
I don’t even feel the desire to get my eyelashes done anymore because this product makes them look almost as full and lengthy as fake lashes do. Oh, and it’s super affordable! It’s the best affordable drugstore mascara I’ve ever used.
4. Beauty Counter Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation // I LOVE this foundation because it doesn’t dry out my skin like other products have done. It’s so important to use a foundation that also moisturizes your skin, or it’ll be left feeling and looking dry. My philosophy is that foundation is the one product I’m willing to pay a bit more for because I wear it so often and it has a huge effect on the overall look and health of my skin. Using cheap products always always leads me to having more breakouts, dryer skin, and it looks more caked on and gross than higher quality products. I’ve tried out several different higher quality foundations and this one is my favorite one because it’s worked the best for me AND is still super affordable!
Also, if you spend up to $120 on Beauty Counter products with my friend Ashley over at Beauty Counter, you can get 10% off your entire purchase! All of their products are AMAZING so I’d definitely take up this offer to do a little beauty haul on some great products.
5. Sparkoal Beauty Toothbrush // I love this toothbrush because it’s affordable, eco friendly, and it’s extra gentle on my teeth/gums. Having a soft toothbrush helps me have less gum sensitivity and helps protect the enamel on my teeth. You can take a look at this article to read more about why using a soft toothbrush is better for your teeth and gums!
6. Hair Food Shampoo & Conditioner // I’ve been trying to use better products for my hair lately and finally came across a product that has really brought some life back into my hair and helped it grow! They also smell great, without being overbearing. I’m also loving Suzanne Somers shampoo & conditioner. Suzanne Somers hair products leave my hair feeling SO healthy, volumized, and smooth.
7. Suzanne Somers Nail Polish (& all of her other products, as well) // I seriously love ALL of Suzanne Somers products. They’re all organic and very high quality! I especially love her nail polish. I’m used to buying nail polish from the store that ends up chipping after a day, so when I started using this nail polish I was amazed at how long it lasts! I can go a full week without getting a single chip. And the colors are BEAUTIFUL! My favorite nail polish color lately is white, so I’m loving that she offers that color. It goes on thick enough that you don’t have to do two coats, stays on extremely well, and looks great!
8. Herpecin L // I love this product so much that I actually wrote a whole post about it over here but I just had to add it to this list, as well! Herpecin L has been a major lifesaver for my cold sores and chapped lips. It also protects your lips from harmful UV rays, which often cause cold sores. I love that it protects and heals!